Congratulations! You got your henna! Now what? Well here are some tips and tricks to remember when it comes to the after care of your new henna/mehendi tattoo.
- It is important to remember is that depending on where you get your henna done, your henna will come out darker then other areas of the body. You won't get that same dark color in all parts of your body
- The longer you keep the paste on your hand, the darker your henna will be. Most henna artist may carry a sealant that usually. This will help rehydrate the paste and act as a hairspray in the sense it holds the paste longer on to the skin.
- You can also place a plastic bags or wrap your henna with a medical bandage and sleep with it on for a darker henna stain
- When the paste hardens on the skin and has been on for a good period of time, scrape off the paste. Refrain from washing it off. Take off excess henna paste with an oil (like coconut or olive oil). This will help hydrate the skin and bring out the color even more
- The longer you leave on your henna the better! Ideally, you should leave it on for 4-8 hours for beautiful stain results!
- If you want to get rid of your henna tattoo, make sure you exfoliate and wash away. This will speed up the removal/toning process of the henna.